Thrive and be your BEST self!
GET EMPOWERED! uses multicultural & healing arts, education & creative coaching to empower people of all ages.
PRESS / NEWS/ EVENTS:
Announcing: Get Empowered! partners with YMCA of Greater NY and New American Initiative Sites to launch "New American Welcome Week" We will provide cultural & healing arts activities to celebrate our theme of "Community Outreach & Communities in Unity" Events. All events are free + open to all ages. Schedule overview: Flatbush, Brooklyn, Sept 16 + Staten Island Sept 17 + Ellis Island Sept 19 + Harlem Sept 20 + Prospect Park, Bklyn Sept 21 + Flushing, Queens Sept 22 + Bronx Sept 23 + Chinatown Sept 24. - for more info & press details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
New Partnership Sites:
North Oakland Community Charter School, Oakland, CA (K- 8th graders - 24 classes per week)
KIPP Prize Charter School, San Jose, CA (3-5th graders = 6 classes per week)
ASCEND Charter School, Brooklyn, NY (K-8th graders = 8 classes per week and monthly school-wide assembly programs)
CAMBA Flagstone Community & Homeless Shelter, Brooklyn, NY (6 - 8th graders - 4 classes per week
EXPERIENCE & WATCH GET EMPOWERED! IN ACTION....OUR STORY IS YOUR STORY TOO!
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS 2016....
- It's on! Summer 2016 Get Empowered! outreach tour = Summer Camps, Community Events, Business Conferences & Festivals!
- "I am Light!" = our latest program and curriculum built around the beautiful, inspiring lyrics & powerful song by India.Arie's "I am Light" motivates kids to find their unique light within & shine bright with confidence. Using the song as a foundation - kids meditate, do yoga, dance, write, sing & express themselves in safe, creative ways.
- Congratulations to our 488 Get Empowered! kids in NYC and CA! 10 Spring Graduation & Showcase Events
The Get Empowered! Mission: Uplift, empower & support children, families & adults in overcoming obstacles socially, emotionally, physically and/or intellectually.
Our unique program design & activities: boost self-esteem, improve communication, enhance team-work, foster respect, boost positive energy, enhance focus & productivity, and model healthy life-skills that can uplift individuals or groups in school, home, community or business settings.
Get Empowered! can be provided in any setting, as a workshop, on-going residency, conference presentation, or interactive event.
We empower participants through 5 different activities in safe, inclusive ways:
- Capoeira (Brazilian martial arts)
- World Music / Drumming / Singing
- Global Dance & Urban Hip Hop
- Global Learning / Diversity & Inclusion Education
- Empowerment-Healing Circles: Overcoming Obstacles & Goal-Setting thru meditation, yoga & coaching conversations
Thanks to generous support and funding from TDA Inc + Community Based Organizations - Get Empowered! is currently in 15 diverse K-12 sites in New York City & the Bay Area,California